Hiring a lawyer without trial experience like trusting your life to this guy. When you’ve been injured in an accident, it could have lifelong repercussions. Of course, there are the physical ones and often some mental ones as well that might include a fear of getting behind the wheel again or depression in not being able to do the things you once did. There are also financial obstacles to overcome, such as how do you replace your car if hit by an under-insured or uninsured driver? How can you recover lost wages or a permanent loss in income due to disability?
So Much Is at Stake
That’s why you need an experienced personal injury attorney who not only knows the law but also knows his or her way around a courtroom. Here are 10 reasons why you should seek the guidance of proven legal counsel:
- No fees if you don’t win. Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning if you win, they get paid. If you don’t, you’re not out any money.
- Experienced at assessing claims. A proven attorney can tell you upfront based on experience whether it’s worth it for you to pursue legal action.
- Thorough investigation. Most attorneys have a team of investigators they work with that bring various specialties to the table and can skillfully assess the technical aspects of your particular case.
- Cut through the red tape. Personal injury cases are rife with complicated legal procedures, medical jargon, and reams of paperwork. An experienced personal injury attorney can handle the lion’s share of this process and help you get things back to normal more quickly.
- An objective viewpoint. When you’re in an accident, the pain and uncertainty can taint your recollection of the facts. A trial-savvy personal injury attorney can objectively look at the details of your case, and help deter you from making the wrong decision in the heat of the moment.
- Identifying alternatives to going to trial. Sometimes the process of mediation and arbitration might be a better way to resolve a dispute, thereby saving time, money, and the emotional cost of going to trial.
- They know insurance companies. Experienced personal injury attorneys have a history of working with insurance companies and can spot those tactics designed to pressure their clients to settle for an unreasonable amount.
- They know how to work closely with other attorneys. When both sides are speaking the same language, they can communicate more efficiently. This is particularly true in the fact-finding part of the litigation when facts and information are exchanged.
- Negotiated settlements. A personal injury attorney with trial experience also knows that often the best resolution is a negotiated settlement instead of a trial. They negotiate for the right payout before counseling their client to take the payout and give up their right to sue.
- The right jury verdict. If you have to go to trial, you want the best litigator on your side.
At Fernandez & Hernandez Attorneys At Law, each trial lawyer has more than 50 jury trials per attorney in representing victims of auto accidents, premises liability (negligent security and slip and falls), wrongful death, and other insurance claims. Plus, they have the resources to handle complex cases and go up against insurance companies on your behalf. Daniel J. Fernandez and Martin J. Hernandez are consistently rated among the top auto accident and personal injury lawyers by peers, major independent legal authorities, and others in the community. Together, they have more than 500 trials between them.
If you’re involved in an auto accident, even a minor one, it’s important to seek medical attention and the advice of proven, trial-tested personal injury attorneys like those at Fernandez & Hernandez Attorneys At Law. We can work with your or the at-fault driver’s insurance company to make sure you receive the damages you deserve. You can reach us for advice 24/7 by calling (813) 229-5353. Hablan español.