If you’re looking for a personal injury attorney in Tampa, Florida, there are several things to consider before making your decision. Finding the right lawyer for your auto accident case is essential and can make all the difference when it comes to getting the compensation you deserve. For us, experience and results matter more than size.
Here are some valuable tips on how to look for a personal injury attorney in Tampa:
- Research Your Options: Before selecting an attorney, research attorneys who specialize or concentrate in personal injury law and have experience handling cases similar to yours. Check out their websites or Google read reviews from past clients online so that you can get an idea of what kind of service they provide and whether they will be able to handle your case successfully.
- Ask For Referrals: If possible, ask family members or friends if they know any good lawyers who may be able to help with your case – referrals from people often prove invaluable as these individuals have had direct contact with lawyers previously and can give honest feedback about their experiences working with them personally or professionally .
- Schedule Consultations With Several Attorneys: Once you’ve narrowed down potential candidates based on research and referrals, schedule consultations with each one so that you can discuss details pertaining specifically to your case and get to know the attorney better before making a decision on who to retain for the job. You must be comfortable with the lawyer you hire. Just like your doctor, if you are not comfortable, you are not going to trust them. During this time, pay close attention not only to their qualifications but also to how well they listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have regarding their services or legal strategy.
- Review Fees And Payment Plans Carefully: Make sure that fees charged by various attorneys are fairly priced and suitable for your budget as well as the extent of the services they will provide in return for those fees (such as pre-trial litigation or trial representation). Also, inquire about payment plans if necessary so that you can manage financially while working with them to pursue your claim successfully in the long run .
Ultimately, choosing a qualified personal injury lawyer in the Tampa area is your responsibility and a key step for getting the compensation you deserve after suffering from a personal injury accident – so be sure to make sure that you spend time researching and vetting candidates carefully before deciding which one is the right fit for you!
How Much Do Personal Injury Lawyers Charge in Florida?
Typically, personal injury lawyers are paid on a contingency fee – meaning the injury lawyer gets paid only if you collect money. A typical contingency fee is 33⅓% pre-suit (one-third) on the first million dollars collected. This fee will increase to 40% if a lawsuit is filed and Answered by the Defendant.
What percentage do most personal injury lawyers take?
33⅓% (one-third) is the typical contingency fee on the first million dollars collected (pre-suit) in Florida.
As a general rule, a Tampa personal injury lawyer will receive 33⅓% of the final settlement amount in the case. However, cases that go to trial often incur different costs. The goal of this fee structure is to minimize the client’s financial risk in hiring an attorney to represent them.
What About Searching Online For a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Many sites, like Yelp and Avvo, offer a way to connect with local lawyers based on your location and the type of legal case you have. You can also read Google reviews on the attorney and the Google reviews on the firm. We highly recommend all of our potential clients to check out what our previous clients think of us and what our other fellow lawyers think of us.
What Do Online Profiles Tell You About the Lawyer
Reading an online profile provides a unique and comprehensive profile for each attorney with information that will help you select the right attorney. The profiles tell you about the lawyer’s experience, education, and fees, and perhaps most importantly, the lawyer’s general philosophy of practicing law.
Tampa Personal Injury Attorney | Auto Accident Injury Lawyer
As a family-owned law firm based in Tampa, we understand the importance of save driving and protection. To find out more about how we can help, contact us today.
See why experience and results matter.
|Call or Text Your Tampa Personal Injury Attorney at 813-755-9500
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- “Ride Share” Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
Tampa Auto Accident Injury Lawyer | Martin J Hernandez, Esq.
If you have been injured in any kind of accident, your personal injury lawyer with the law firm of Martin J. Hernandez will guide you every step of the way. Call or Text us now at 813-755-9500
The Martin J. Hernandez Firm’s lawyers handle personal injury cases throughout the entire Tampa, South Tampa & West Tampa area. Areas we service include Carrollwood, Northdale, Town ‘n’ Country, Brandon, Seffner, Dover, Valrico, Riverview, West Tampa, West Chase, Hyde Park, Culbreath, West Shore, Palma Ceia, Gulfview, 33635, 33615, 33634, 33626, 33625, 33508, 33509, 33510, 33511,33568, 33569, 33578, 33579 & all of Hillsborough County and the state of Florida.