3002 W. Kennedy Blvd.

Tampa, Florida 33609

(813) 755-9500

Text or call us anytime!

Always Open

We're here for you 24/7

Plant City Car Accident Lawyer

Plant City Car Accident Lawyer

Plant City Car Accident Lawyers

Have you been injured in a Plant City car accident that was someone else’s fault? If so, Plant City car accident lawyer Martin Hernandez may be able to help you recover compensation. This could include the costs of your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.


Our firm represents Plant City car accident victims in personal injury cases. We will investigate your case, talk to all of the insurance companies and pursue the liable party for compensation on your behalf while you concentrate on recovering from your injuries. 


Brandon Auto Accident Lawyers

Call or Text Your Plant City Personal Injury Attorney at 813-755-9500.

Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Case

If you have been injured in a car accident, the liable party may owe you compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. These damages may include your:

  • Ambulance ride and emergency medical treatment

  • Medical bills, including costs of treatment, therapy, and medications

  • Medical equipment necessary to recover

  • Estimated costs of future medical care

  • Loss of consortium

  • Loss of quality of life

  • Lost wages (past, present and future lost wages)

  • Reduced earning ability

  • Property damage

  • Pain and suffering (past, present and future pain and suffering)

  • And more

However, keep in mind that you have four years to file a lawsuit for a car accident injury, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).

To consult with an experienced car accident lawyer serving Plant City, call 813-755-9500.

You Could File a Wrongful Death Claim or Lawsuit

If your loved one passed away in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence in Plant City, you may be able to recover compensation in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.

 The exact types and amounts of compensation the family could receive in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit depend on the specifics of the individual case, including the plaintiff’s relationship to the deceased.

 In general, some examples of compensation awarded in Florida wrongful death cases include:

  • Funeral expenses
  • Medical bills prior to your loved one’s passing

  • Loss of companionship

  • Loss of earnings and future earning capacity

  • Pain and suffering

  • And more

 One of our car accident lawyers from Martin John Hernandez, PA may be able to represent you in an Plant City wrongful death case. We understand that losing a loved one through a car accident is a shock for the whole family and that your main focus, during this difficult time, may be on grieving and coming to terms with this major life change.

While a wrongful death lawsuit cannot bring back your loved one, it may be able to help the family with present and future costs after a catastrophic accident.

Call or Text your Plant City  Personal Injury Lawyer at 813-755-9500.

Why Choose Martin John Hernandez, PA?

We have been serving victims of injury in Plant City and Tampa, Florida, for decades. You may want to work with someone from our team because:

 We offer contingency-fee-based representation for injury victims. We know you may be in a challenging financial situation at this time, so it won’t cost you anything to get started on your case with us.

 We go the extra mile. During the process of your case, we don’t want you to feel like a number. Our attorneys will be responsive throughout the whole process, keeping you regularly updated and explaining your legal options without the legalese.

 We understand the local area and local laws. As a Plant City and Dover based firm, we know the Plant City area well. Our connections in the region allow us to collect detailed evidence for your case. We will also use our understanding of local laws to your benefit.

We offer free consultations so you can understand your next steps. The call is free, and there is no obligation. You only pay us if you win and collect! Why? Because we work on a contingency fee.

 We work hard to make the process run smoothly for you. Our team is here to help.


Call or Text Your Plant City Personal Injury Attorney at 


We Will Fight for the Fair Value of Your Case

Many accident victims want to understand what their case may be worth. Essentially, your case value could vary depending on the following factors:

  •  The severity of your injuries
  • The cost of your medical care

  • The extent to which the injury has affected your ability to work

  • The extent to which the injury has impacted your life and everyday routine

 So, we will work to understand each of these factors in your situation. Then, we will put a value on both your financial and non-financial losses and seek all available compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit.

 When we assess your case value, we will determine a number that reflects your past, present, and future losses. This means that we will seek compensation for any future medical care that you may require in order to treat your injuries, in addition to compensation for past expenses.

Going Beyond PIP After a Plant City Car Accident

When a car accident happens in a no-fault state, such as Florida, the parties involved typically first turn to their own insurance’s personal injury protection (PIP) coverage to reimburse them, per Florida Statutes § 627.736. They typically seek reimbursement for 80% of their medical bills and 60% of their lost wages, regardless of who was at fault.

 PIP insurance can be helpful for less serious injuries and accidents, where a claimant can recover and return to work again within a relatively short time frame. However, PIP policies have a maximum amount that will be covered. Many Florida PIP plans are capped at the minimum coverage amount of $10,000, although the exact limit of your PIP can be found in the details of your policy.

 If you have been involved in an accident, you may be able to receive compensation from the responsible party for your remaining damages in a personal injury lawsuit.

Proving Negligence in a Car Accident Case

Proving negligence (under Florida Statute) in a car accident case can be challenging. While every car driver owes other drivers and road users a basic duty of care, the plaintiff must typically prove that the other driver was negligent in a personal injury claim or lawsuit.

 Driver negligence can include a violation of traffic laws, such as:

  •  Speeding
  • Failure to yield

  • Not stopping at a red light or stop sign

  • Making an illegal turn or lane change

  • Not using lights at night

  • Rear-ending the car in front of them

  • Drunk driving

  • Distracted driving

  • And more

 Negligence can also occur if a car or car component malfunctions and causes an accident, such as a defective tire that bursts on the road. In this case, a negligent parts manufacturer or mechanic could be liable for the accident.

 Martin John Hernandez, PA can investigate your case and identify the liable party responsible for your injuries when we represent you.

How We Build Evidence in a Car Accident Case

Another driver’s negligence might be obvious to you, but proving it in court calls for evidence. Evidence in a car accident case may include:

  1. Stop your car and don’t block traffic.  

  2. TAKE PICTURES (this is often the best evidence) and then get off of the roadway (if your vehicle is operable) and move to a safe place. Do not stay in the middle of the road in order to preserve evidence of a crash. Just take pictures and then move out of the way. Again, if you are blocking traffic, you have to move your car immediately. Take more pictures once you are out of the way.

  3. Call the police. Report the accident and get help from first responders like police and, if necessary, fire rescue.

  4. If someone is hurt, get them medical help right away. Do so for yourself too – but not the emergency room unless you are bleeding, struck your head or if you have a broken bone. Quite often Urgent Care is cheaper, faster and better service.

  5. Listen to the 911 dispatcher. If they say not to move someone or give them water, do not do it.

  6. Give your name, address, car information, and insurance to anyone in the accident who asks for it. When the first responders get there, be polite and respectful. If there was an injury or damage over $500, the police will do a report which is helpful.

  7. Investigate and take more pictures and get names and numbers if you can. The best place to get photos is usually the scene of the crash. See if you or someone with you can get pictures of the resting points of the cars, the damage to the other cars. Sometimes in a rear-end crash your car will not have a lot of damage but the other car will have a lot. Get pictures of that.

  8. Also, sometimes the police will not put everyone on the accident report. So a witness who would be helpful to you will not be there to help if you do not get his or her name at the scene. If they offer it, don’t lose it. At Martin Hernandez, PA we see witnesses all the time who were not listed on the crash reports. Tampa-Hillsborough roads are busy but try to get the information we need. It can only help your car accident lawyer do his job.

  9. Don’t say sorry. Lots of times, people say ‘I’m sorry’ even though they don’t even mean to say they caused the situation. The words come out to be nice and feel empathy. But don’t do it. Because the other person will remember. And, under the Florida Rules of Evidence 90.803(18), a comment like that is admissible in court as an exception to the hearsay rule. So be nice and ask them if they are ok. But do not apologize. The statements cannot come into trial in a personal injury case. This is commonly known as the ‘Accident Report Privilege’ described in Florida Statute 316.066(4).

  10. Don’t leave the scene without exchanging information. In Florida, you could be arrested for leaving the scene of a crash with injuries or damage EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT AT-FAULT.

  11. Call your car insurance company if injured. Under your car accident insurance policy, you have to report this crash. It is part of the policy that you cooperate and tell them about it. You have benefits under your own policy called personal injury protection (PIP) benefits that will pay for your health care from the crash. You need to report the crash to the company to get the benefits. If you don’t they won’t pay.

When you work with Martin John Hernandez, PA, one of our car accident lawyers serving Plant City can collect evidence to support your case. We may be able to help you build a case, communicate with insurance companies on your behalf, and even obtain expert witnesses if needed while you can concentrate on getting better and getting your life back.

We also understand that every injury is a serious injury, and every client deserves justice and fair compensation.  Many people try to do it themselves.  However, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed after you’ve been involved in an accident that has caused significant injury or loss.  It is also difficult to navigate insurance policies and determine what your case is worth.  You do not, however, have to be in this alone.

Plant City Injury Lawyer Practice Areas:

Plant City Car Accident Lawyer

If you have been injured in any kind of accident, your personal injury lawyer with the law firm of Martin J. Hernandez will guide you every step of the way. Call or Text us now at 813-755-9500

The Car Accident Lawyers at Martin J. Hernandez PA will handle personal injury cases throughout the entire Tampa, South Tampa & West Tampa area. Areas we service include Town ‘n’ CountryBrandonCarrollwood, Temple Terrace, Valrico, Plant City, Seffner, Dover, Riverview, West Tampa, West Chase, Hyde Park, Culbreath, West Shore, Palma Ceia, Gulfview, 33635, 33615, 33634, 33626, 33625, 33508, 33509, 33510, 33511,33568, 33569, 33578, 33579 & all of Hillsborough County and the state of Florida.

Call or Text your Plant City, Florida car accident lawyer today at 813-755-9500.

If you have been involved in a an SUV or car accident in the Tampa Bay area call Tampa Personal Injury Attorney, Martin J. Hernandez at 813-755-9500

Call 813-755-9500 for a FREE consultation.

Enter your email below and we will get in touch as soon as possible.

CLICK HERE for a FREE Case Evaluation