Personal Injury Lawyers provide legal assistance to accident victims who have been injured by others. Personal injury victims are entitled to receive money as compensation for damages. If you or a loved one have been injured by a negligent, careless, or reckless driver you need a personal injury lawyer.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Damages may be recovered for medical and hospital bills, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, and other out of pocket financial burdens. Damages may be available for physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, disability, scarring, disfigurement, and inability to lead a normal life. If the party responsible for your injuries is found to be especially negligent and careless, punitive damages may be awarded. A personal injury attorney can help guide you through the process.
Most vehicle accidents involve:
- Bodily Injury B broken bones, spinal cord trauma, brain injuries, and skull fractures.
- Permanent Disability B difficulty standing, walking and exercising.
- Disfigurement B scars caused by the accident and the mental anguish associated with the scaring.
- Pain and Suffering B immediate pain and future pain caused by your injuries.
- Mental Anguish B mental health damage such as long term panic, anxiety, depression, and grief.
- Loss of Enjoyment in Life B injuries and trauma that can leave you unable to enjoy your life as you did before the crash.
- Loss of Consortium B damaged relationships. If you are in a loving, stable marriage or relationship and are suddenly unable to provide help and companionship to your partner because of your injuries, they may have a right to compensation.
Most vehicle accidents involve:
- Medical Expenses B hospital and emergency room charges, ambulance fees, physical therapy, medical equipment, and consultations with health care professionals.
- Lost Wages and Lost Earning Capacity B money you would have earned had you been able to work.
- Future Medical Expenses B your injuries may require medical attention throughout the years.
Treatment of sustained injuries may be costly, painful and may take months, or even years. An experienced Personal Injury attorney can seek the financial compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering and for medical treatment and needed care.
Are Catastrophic Injury Cases Different?
Catastrophic Injury Cases are very different. Finding enough money to compensate injured parties for lifelong care is often complicated and difficult.
Are Wrongful Death Cases Different?
Wrongful Death Cases are very different. A wrongful death claim provides compensation to survivors of accidents when your loved one’s death was caused by negligence.
Is There a Time Limitation?
Yes, there are time limitations. To be eligible for personal injury protection (PIP) medical benefits under the law, persons injured in a motor vehicle accident must seek medical care within Fourteen Days of the accident. Also, there are restrictions on how long an injured person may wait to file a claim or lawsuit against a wrongdoer. Failure to act within these time frames may bar you from relief.
If you or a loved one are accident victims who have been injured by others and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call Tampa Personal Injury Attorney, Martin J. Hernandez of Fernandez & Hernandez at 813-229-5353.