3002 W. Kennedy Blvd.

Tampa, Florida 33609

(813) 755-9500

Text or call us anytime!

Always Open

We're here for you 24/7

What To Do If You See A Bad Driver

If you have been involved in a an SUV or car accident in the Tampa Bay area call Tampa Personal Injury Attorney, Martin J. Hernandez at 813-755-9500
Aggressive Driving Lawers Tampa

If you see a reckless driver, report them. Immediately pull over to a safe location and call the police. You will need to provide the police with a basic description of the vehicle. If you can, wait until you get home. Always make sure that you do not risk your own life while reporting another driver.

Tips for Dealing with an Aggressive Driver

  • First and foremost, keep your cool.
  • If they’re tailgating you, change lanes, let them pass, and keep a safe distance (5+ car lengths).
  • Avoid looking directly at them, and making eye contact.
  • Ignore any rude gestures they may make, and do not return them.
  • If you feel in danger – dial 911.
  • If they follow you, proceed to the nearest law enforcement office OR crowded public place.

See Safety Resource Center

For drivers, it’s the kind of scenario that can lead to road rage. Once you notice the tell-tale signs such as speeding, erratic movements, and dangerous lane changes, keep an eye on them. Being aware of what dangerous drivers are doing is the first step and the most important one.

When you see a dangerous driver, you should slow down and start driving even more carefully than you were before. Accidents happen quickly, and you’re better off putting some distance between you and the problem car before anything goes down.

Should You Report a Bad Driver?

There are times when other drivers are behaving so erratically that you may fear for others–even the bad driver. If, for example, the car’s weaving makes it clear that the driver is inebriated, it’s a good idea to let someone know.

Get the license plate of the car you’re concerned about and wait till your vehicle is stopped to make a call to the police. Tell them where you saw the car and why you think it may be a danger.

If you see someone driving recklessly, whether it be from texting, drunk driving, being overly aggressive, or just careless driving, report it by calling 911. But only call 911 if you feel it’s a dangerous situation. The 911 system is intended to render urgent assistance in true emergencies.

If you call 911, pull over and give them your location, a description of the driver, and their direction of travel. Do not attempt to follow the car, or take a cell-phone picture. Be sure to exercise caution and maintain a safe distance from their vehicle. The license plate number, vehicle make, model, and color are also helpful for police to find the offender.

Have You or a Loved One Been Injured by a Bad Driver?

If you are involved in an accident due to the negligence of a bad driver it is important to seek medical attention and the advice of a proven personal injury attorney.

Do You or Someone You Know Need Help with a Personal Injury Claim?

If you or someone you know has been injured due to the negligence of another, you are probably overwhelmed and confused as to what to do next. It is critical that you get help from an experienced personal injury attorney. Personal injury cases are complex and require the help of someone with experience.

Why Fernandez & Hernandez?

If you or someone you know has been injured at the hands of another in the Tampa Bay area and need help, Fernandez & Hernandez will provide a free consultation and help guide you through the process. The attorneys at Martin Hernandez PA have experience and will work vigorously to protect your rights, and in many cases, we can work with your insurance company or the at-fault driver’s insurance company to make sure you receive the damages you deserve. Attorney Martin J. Hernandez is a 5-star personal injury attorney and bilingual as well. If you or a loved one need help to get the outcome you deserve, call personal injury attorney Martin J. Hernandez of Fernandez & Hernandez. You can reach us for advice 24/7 by calling 813 229-5353. Hablan español.

Call 813-755-9500 for a FREE consultation.

CLICK HERE for a FREE Case Evaluation